JAPANESE RECIPES - 6
Nikujaga - Beef and Potato Stew -
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons sake
0.2 lb beef, thinly sliced at 1.2”
Vegetables (about 0.8 lb in total)
3 small-size potatoes (about 0.4 lb)
0.1 lb carrots
0.3 lb onions
1) Chop the potatoes and carrots into chunks (with the carrots cut smaller than the potatoes) and cut the onions into wedges. Then, put all them together into the HACHI.
2) Mix all seasonings listed above under A in a bowl and add beef. Stir them well.
3) Place the beef from 2) into a doughnut shape on top of the vegetables from 1) Pour the mixed seasonings into the middle of the doughnut-shaped beef in the HACHI.
4) Cover the beef with parchment paper and place a small plate directly on the paper, then put the lid on the HACHI.
5) Cook the beef and vegetables in the HACHI in a microwave at 600 watts (Power Level 5) for 12 minutes.
6) Open the lid and mix all the ingredients well, making sure to mix the top and bottom.