WESTERN RECIPES - 2
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls in Tomato Sauce
3 cabbage leaves
1/2 lb ground beef and pork
1/4 small onion
1 tablespoon milk
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Flour as needed
* 1 egg
* Pinch of nutmeg
* Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup water
5 cherry tomatoes
1) Wrap up the cabbage in plastic wrap and cook in a microwave at 600 watts (Power Level 5) for two minutes.
2) Mince the onion and soak breadcrumbs in milk.
3) Cut off the core of the cabbage with a knife.
4) Put the onion and breadcrumbs into the ground beef and pork.
Mix them together well with the ingredients marked * above and evenly shape the mixture into 3 cylinders.
5) Wipe the water off the cabbage leaves and thinly flour them.
Roll up the mixed cylinders (4.) and secure the roll-ends with a toothpick.
6) Mix the tomato sauce, water, salt and pepper, and put into the HACHI. Place the cabbage rolls (roll-end up) into the tomato sauce.
7) Place the half-cut cherry tomatoes on top of the tomato sauce.
8) Put the lid on the HACHI and heat it in the microwave at 600 watts (Power Level 5) for 12 minutes.
Recipe: Ruriko Iga
Note: As cooking time can differ depending on the type of microwave, adjust it referring to directions above.